MISSION: To help people and families recover from past trauma and find a healthy, fulfilling path in life.
Meet the Team
Amanda Martin Ph.D., LMFT-S, LPC, BCN
I was licensed in 2006 and specialize in working with people and families that are recovering from trauma. I have a Ph.D. in Family Therapy, Licensed Professional Counselor (License # 62655), Board Certified in Neurofeedback (#E67601C-25), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor (License # 201077), EMDRIA Approved Consultant, EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist, and an EMDRIA Approved Virtual Trainer.
My theoretical approaches include the Symbolic Experiential Therapy approach layered with Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, Equine-Assisted psychotherapy, and Collaborative Problem Solving.
I value a holistic approach to wellness and mental health. I provide a variety of services to support this holistic lens for healing. I believe that everyone has resilience within themselves and in their support system to help them find a healthy balanced path in life. If you are wanting to find your balance, I’d be honored to help. This office is a safe space for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Individual Counseling
- Child and Teen Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Couple’s/Marital Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Peak Performance Counseling
- Neurotransmitter, stress hormone, and sex hormone testing
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy
- Public Speaking/Educational Seminars
- EMDR Certification and CIT Consultation
- Team Building Trainings
Areas of Expertise:
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Other Trauma-related symptoms
- Anxiety – OCD, Panic Disorders, Social Anxiety
- Attention Deficit Disorder ADD/ADHD
- Peak Performance
- Relational conflict/ Marital conflict
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Bridget is a certified emotional support service dog registered with US Animal Registry (#AB914158). Bridget loves to meet people and offer her emotional support. She takes her job seriously and is a valued member of our team.
Meet the Herd
We have a herd of 15 horses at Special Cheers that work with people. The horses can work with you individually or in groups. Each horse is unique and enjoys working with people. At the barn, we have support staff including pigs and dogs as well. They would love to meet you and help you discover the opportunities in your story.